Did you know that colors increase brand awareness by 80%? They create an immediate impact on people and are a crucial piece when developing your brand identity. The colors and combinations you select can draw in your dream audience and help you stand out from the competition. So, where should you start? Below are four tips to help you chose brand colors that will be a tool for you across all your branded materials:
- Have a basic understanding of color theory. Colors have specific meanings, and having some knowledge around this can help simplify the color selection process. There will always be exceptions to the rule, and color combinations will also influence meaning, but below are some standard colors and the meanings behind them to get you started:
- Blue = trustworthy, reliable, calming
- Red = bold, dangerous, exciting
- Green = healthy, natural, sustainable
- Yellow = playful, optimistic, happy
- Purple = royal, spiritual, mysterious
- Brown = down to earth, organic, honest
- Write 5-10 words buzz words describing your business. What colors do you associate with those words?
- Do the same process, but this time describe your ideal clients. What colors do you associate with those words?
- Look at your competition. Consider what makes you different from your competition and how that translates into colors. If you have the same coaching niche, your color palettes may be similar, but you want to make sure you are using color to separate yourself from the competition, not blend in. What unique color combinations can you incorporate?
Looking to dive deeper into color? Check out some of these resources: